ROADS CLOSED : China’s President is coming 2 Mauritius!
Since mr the president of the people’s republic of china will be coming to Mauritius on the 16th February, our dear government and mr the dear police commissioner of Mauritius (and his team) has decided to close loads of roads.
Most apparent reasons?
To make the journey of mr the president of the people’s republic of china as enjoyable as possible so that mr the president of the republic of china does not have
- to stop at every 500metres like every mauritian has to,
- respect any speed limit mostly 60KM/hr all round the island, except 90KM/hr on motorways and some rare exceptions of 110KM/hr like every mauritian has to.
- loads of regions have been declared as No parking zone, where the hell will every mauritian park their cars?
Oh, I nearly forgot!
- Since all speed breakers (humps) have been exceptionally removed, mr the president of the people’s republic of china won’t have to slow down and change his gear to the 2nd or 3rd when he comes across the loads of humps along the Palma road and others, like every mauritian has to.
- Since every members of the authorities, ministers and personalities are always busy, this may prevent mr the president of the people’s republic of china from reaching his meetings late, else he will be penalized,just like every mauritian.
btw, the government has forgot to order all mauritians to wear their most beautiful clothes for this occasion!
Download and plan your journey now!
Do you want to check out the communiqué issued by the commissioner of police?
Message to mr the president of the people’s republic of china
I wonder is he has time to read my blog, but nevertheless, I will to tell him the following.
The government of mauritius is fooling you so that you can grant us many privileges such as big loans, encourage investment here!
Life is not always so beautiful as you will be experiencing it!
- A big percentage of the population gets stuck in the traffic jams everyday, and after some 10years of consultancy, the government found out that the most feasible solution is a bus lane haha!
- Speed cameras and checks are carried out everywhere, while during your stay, all of these cameras will surely be in some store room!
- Just for your visit, the government has been changing the look of the roads which you will be taking… Make them a surprise, ask for a random road, only then you will see the reality!
I leave the speech to my dear readers so that they may contribute by saying how life is beautiful in Mauritius, when you are not visiting it of course!
Of course, I will be happy to meet you, just give me a call 😉
However, I only know the following words:
xiexie for your visit 😛
I wonder whether the government will declare public holidays if the president of America happens to visit Mauritius! tvr!
Please Read THIS Comment.
In brief, Offices & Educational institutions will be closed at 14hrs on Monday the 16th Feb 2009 and on Tuesday the 15th, Offices will be closed at 12hrs.
Note : Educational institutions will remain closed on the 17th.