3 memorable years in uom come to an end…
After the huge success of my post about Internet Service Providers in Mauritius, today i will post about those 3 years(2004-2007) , which have unfortunately come to an end…
With the provisional results that were published on last friday, many of us are now looking for full time jobs while others are looking for parti time ones, while completing their remaining modules and also, some already working right now. Each of us, will be walking on separate paths as from now, except if we work together of course (bizin sipporte zotte encore, lol )
The First day in uni as if, it was yesterday…
The 16th august 2004, on the first day of our first semester at The University Of Mauritius.
As instructed on the Orientation Day(held a few days before), most of us went directly to the Phase I Building, Faculty Of Engineering, except some of us who already had some friends in the group, like Splash and me.
We met in front of the Auditorium and then, went to our first lecture, by a lecturer, who succeeded in fooling us by bringing some old computer parts in the lecture, which made most of us think that the module will make us learn how to assemble computers!
In this module, we spent the rest of the year, connecting wires and leds or solving binary problems!
In the following week, i made myself some friends, like the first ones were jaya, mantasha, vissen i think so. We exchanged our phone numbers and from then, we formed our own CSE Executive Group with about 15 of us, hanging around together all the time !
Initially 50 on the first day, the class quickly grew smaller down to 40 at the end of 1st year, and down to 28, at the end of this 3rd year.
Still, i think only about 15-20 will be graduating this year, and good luck to all those who still have 1 year to enjoy themselves
During those 3 years, we did study but we enjoyed a lot ( more than u can imagine ) and most of these moments, have been added in our cse blog, which was created only a few weeks after we started our BSC (hons) computer science and engineering course.
Most birthday parties were celebrated on the university campus “avec les moyens du bord”,
We drank a lot ( water, of course) and without forgetting “prend nissa r camarades” (more at the bottom)
Designing and Constructing bridges (sa kant fini boire )
Without forgetting the day on which some of us fell into the water!
Also, group work were nearly rare (starting one day before deadline), class work frequent whereby parts of each question were distributed to make the job quicker.
In our first year, Some of the most important points/events were
- The famous BMX Cycle of Mr Azagen
- Our UNO or parties de cartes in the Common
- The false “alerte a la bombe”
- Our visit to Lake Point (Patinoire)
- Change of our Form master, lol, na, we call it course coordinator here in uni!
From mr Ramdanee to mme Baichoo
- Birthday parties of pizon, vissen, myself, mantasha and zainab
- Creation of the CSE SKyblog – 55 pages
- Our first formal presentation, which was fun!
- The start of our “cascade parties”
Next came the 2nd year memories, among which
- Dieheart (Vicks) making his entry into our corome!
- More birthdays: azagen, dhota.
- Badminton craze
- CSE (yashvin, vissen, jaya, mantasha, sandra and geshwin) In newspapers
- Holi celebrated by geshwin
- Group work @ vissen’s place
- CSE working for galaxy
- Visit to Infotech 2005
and finally, the 3rd year;
- Kunal’s BD and his Departure to canada (finally, il etait temps!)
- Visit to Le Morne beach
- having fun in networks lecture
- Project , looking for partners, choosing title, starting the work, doing the project documentation, software, developing, debugging, debugging and debugging, did i say debugging?
Then submitting and doing the final year project presentation
- and so much memories here, as if it was yesterday, writing memories on kunal’s souvenir tshirt!
During all these years, just to mention, a few quotes
- Jean la neuf sa? Non, fek aster!
- On phone:
“Bonjour, je m’appelle J.K, je vous ai telephoner TALERE LA”
- moulton or samou (lol, thats me!)
- Ki lere la?
5 roupies !
- Kot slow?
li p encore vini la
Well, thats all from my part, the post is pretty long,
Dont hesitate to add ur comments,
specially some of your favorite experience,moments and quotes!