Bilan of Internet Service Providers in Mauritius
I thought i was, as usual, the only one unsatisfied about the internet connection i have however the whole majority of surfers seems to be complaining about their internet connection in Mauritius, be it, Nomad, ADSL, MyT or now even MTML.
A lot about my experience about the “high speed wireless reliable internet access” (Nomad) has been read here in this blog.
Its sure that people are fed with nomad as users and also, as visitors in this blog, thanks for ur patience.
[ You can read the whole range about nomad here ]
Mauritius Telecom and Telecom Plus offer the following;
- Wanadoo ADSL
Simply said, we are getting much less than what we are paying for.
And finally, the latest on the market, MTML
My complaints to MTML Services.
I’ve been using the services of these guy’s there since January. Since then, these people there have been messing and constantly fooling me. I’ve got so many problems with them that i had to go to ACIM to lodge a complaint about them. I have already sent a letter of six full pages to the ICTA to complain about the lack of responsibility and profesionalism of the people working there.
Till now, he is the only one known to have mtml in our class, and at the start, he was very proud of his 244 kbps connection 😛
Seems now that his internet experience is no more the same.
However, i do know another friend, but till now, he hasnt been complaining about his connection
The views and experience of the different ISPs seems to differ depending on different factors;
- Location ( myT and Nomad)Different people say different things about their connection, and it seems that different regions do not always give the same speed since the internet speed depends on the distance from the Relay(myT) or the BTS antenna (Nomad) and also, the degree of saturation.
- Internet UsageThose using myT for mass downloading often complain about low speed, because they exceeded the garantie d’usage.As for Nomad, many of the users do not even know how to use internet properly because of the huge nomad campaign to attract customers.
Sorry for the word, but huge majority of nomad users
are simply “COUYON”
They either do not care about their connection, or are not aware that the problems they get are due to their ‘reliable’ connection.
Also, may of them, are ‘shy’ to call the customer care…
Believe me, i know personally a lot of them.
- Customer Care Experience
A quote from many myT users;
Customer care mari bon
So, it seems that they are highly help-full and reliable
Unlike Nomad, where
– You may be put on hold for even more than 10 mins
– You may have to wait for their technicians or Customer Care agents to call you back for days!
– The problems get solved by themselves, no explanation about the source of problem or even the solution applied
- Tracking of resourcesThis applied to nomad, from personal experience and feedback.
Did you know that there are some users of nomad, who havent paid their monthly fees for month???Also, i heard of someone who migrated to America, and who simply had “bouille so modem wiz lapaille dither” before going 😛
Till now, Nomad, has not reported any of these cases and also, very often, they have huge billing errors in their monthly settlements!
- Home InterventionI once got the feedback that myT technicians are very very quick to attend outdoors, sometimes coming home even without notice, lol.However, some friends got the following problem;
Telecom Plus automatically switched their ADSL connection to myT without notice for testing and consequently, they dont have any internet access.
This happenned in 2 known case
– When technicians are supposed to come to upgrade ur connection
– or when they test your lines to see for myT support.
As for Nomad, u have to wait for the day where technicians are deployed on the part of the island where u live. Just to add, Outdoor technicians at nomad are very limited (for the north, i know only 2)
your internet experience???